‘It’s one of the dirtiest things you can do’: Dana White hits out at Conor McGregor after UFC star shares private Instagram messages about plans to fight Diego Sanchez to 8.2million Twitter followers
- Dana White has slammed Conor McGregor for sharing private online messages
- The 32-year-old took to Twitter to prove he attempted to make several fights
- McGregor was hoping to take on UFC veteran Diego Sanchez this year
- White, however, is unhappy that McGregor shared the messages online
Former two-weight world champion McGregor took to social media to show his side of the story after UFC veteran Diego Sanchez, 38, called the 32-year-old out.
McGregor had plans to enjoy a ‘season’ this year, with the Notorious interested in fighting four times in 2020 following his win over Donald Cerrone at UFC 246 in January.
Dana White has hit out at Conor McGregor after the star shared private Instagram messages
McGregor ranted on Twitter about his decision to quit UFC, posting a number of screenshots
However, the coronavirus pandemic threw a major spanner in the works for McGregor and the UFC, with Dana White reluctant to allow his prized star to fight in front of no fans.
McGregor retired from mixed martial arts earlier this year, but published a series of screenshots of private Instagram messages between himself and White, which show the Notorious discussing options for future bouts.
‘A fight late May in LA. Me and Diego in Dublin in August,’ the messages read. ‘Rematch end of the year. BOOM. Me and Diego in Dublin is a cracker.’
But White has not taken well to the Irishman’s sharing of his private conversation to his 8.2m Twitter followers.
The Irishman had plans to complete a ‘season’, after beating Donald Cerrone in January
The messages showed that McGregor wanted a bout with UFC veteran Diego Sanchez
‘I had people blowing me up left and right,’ he said following UFC 253. ‘I mean everybody here knows, I mean even the ladies, this is some man-code stuff but it’s just something you don’t do.
‘It’s just something that you don’t do. It is one of the dirtiest things you can do.’
The messages showed White arguing that ‘we should lose our promotor’s licence’ if he were to allow McGregor to fight Sanchez, an unranked veteran who would not stand a good chance of defeating the Irishman.
‘Which, by the way, we were just talking about Diego Sanchez,’ he continued.
White denied that fight and now McGregor has turned his attention to Manny Pacquiao
‘And Diego Sanchez was in there in this private conversation that I was having with Conor McGregor.
‘When you are the No2 or No3 ranked guy in the world, and you’re telling me that you want to fight unranked 39-year-old Diego Sanchez in the main event of Los Angeles. Well…’
McGregor posted the screenshots in a bid to prove his efforts to arrange a UFC bout, but says that he has plans to return to boxing in a mega-fight with pound-for-pound star Manny Pacquiao.
The 32-year-old is still looking to arrange a bout with Sanchez further down the line, though.
‘I am still interested in a fight with you somewhere down the line Diego Sanchez,’ he tweeted on Sunday.
‘A true warrior and pioneer of this sport. It would be my honour! Some journalists and promoters and their lack of respect for what the fighters put into this game make me sick. Things must change!’